Our Risk, Regulatory, Insurance and Controversy (RRIC) group includes Dispute Resolution/ Litigation; Insurance and Risk; Regulatory; Competition; Intellectual Property; Technology and Reconstruction (Insolvency/ Restructuring).
RRIC is one of the broadest Lines of Business. Their experience ranges from the work our media lawyers do in handling most (if not all) of Fairfax's pre-publication work (they often know what will make headlines, before it's even printed!), to a significant number of health law matters – lots of hospitals, lots of incidents, lots of interesting work. Not to mention the work we do on major corporate insolvencies and restructurings. Just last year, our team acted in the Ten Network, Dick Smith, Oroton,and Boart Longyear insolvencies along with many others!
We are a borderless Line of Business. This means we have the very best people, working on the very best matters – irrespective of geography.
See what its like to work in our RRIC Line of BusinessRRIC GAME CHANGING DEAL
- Class actions for Bellamy's Organic (the baby goods/formula people), Billabong (the surfwear brand), and a current one for a big gaming company that we can't talk about.
- Assisting Foxtel in its precedent-setting application to block infamous pirate websites
- Advising Calidad in Australia's first case dealing with whether a patented product can be "recycled" and resold without the patentee's authority
- Acted for Wilmar Sugar in the first deemed arbitration with sugar growers under the controversial amendments to the Sugar Industry Act in Queensland
- Patent litigation for global pharmaceutical organisations